Devils Tower

Devils Tower

Saturday, November 23, 2013

The NOVA Project Part 4

So things have been pretty hectic around here lately.  There seems to be very little progress happening.  No matter how hard I try, stuff just seems to get in the way.  I am shooting for this car being roadworthy by April, but I worry about that. 

 I had a pearl of wisdom from a friend one time that said  "The way to finish a big build is to make sure that every time you go in the shop you finish 3 things.  Eventually, you will run out of things to do".  That made sense and stuck with me.  So, lately I have just been trying to do that.  I just pick something and work on it until it is done, regardless of the importance.

So, I decided to start trying to get the inside of the car presentable.  The whole car has been insulated in Fat Mat etc. and I didn't want to glue my coin mat directly to it, in case I wanted to remove it in the future.  I decided on building a false floor of sorts out of 1/4" Masonite.  It's light weight and smooth, which worked out perfect for gluing the rubber to it. 

 I had a heck of a time figuring out the math on this tapered panel, so I did my best and then I did what I do best.......I guessed.
I had ordered just enough material for the rear cargo area of the Nova and I couldn't afford to screw up.
I am going to use Fat Mat in every thing I build.  It makes a world of difference.

The coin mat is pretty indestructible, it will work good for hauling the groceries around town.  It will come in handy for my calendar shoots as well, after I have to pose on the beach, the sand and wet speedo won't hurt the rubber flooring.

I'm off the week of Thanksgiving, so maybe I can get something done.....we will see.  I may end up comatose on the couch.



No comments:

Post a Comment