Devils Tower

Devils Tower

Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 15 of 100+ degrees and day 2 of the 4th of July Thrash

Today was sort of productive.  I didn't get as far as I had hoped, but the heat makes me wanna go inside and watch Welcome Back Kotter re-runs.

Today is what I call "Crap Day".  It's the day when I finally do the things I have been putting off.  It's easy to tell  when that happens, because  Mr Hanky shows up.




I started putting the floor back together.  That turned into an all day deal. It looks easy enough.

I was able to slide the new floor under the walls.  This is about the only way to get this back under the outer walls.


This is a shot from the inside of the trailer as I slid the floor in.  It took a while, but I finally managed to hold my mouth right and everything went back to it's original place.

I forgot to take any pics of the floor after it was finished, so you will have to close your eyes and imagine it all put back together.  See, that looks good, huh?

Remember the "drunk man shower" and the "pipe that leads to nowhere"?
They both got removed today.  My lovely assistant decided to try and remove the paint from the shower head , soap dish etc. but the chrome came off with it, so we will have to decide what to do now.
Some of Stevie Wonder's best work

After installing the floor, I started trying to address the work of Hacksaw Harry and the Cutting Torch Quartet.



This is the outmost floor joist support in the shower area.  Someone cut out all of the strength of the beam, therefore rendering it useless.  I looked around the shop for some scrap to build a doubler to reinforce this mess.


This is what I ended up building.  It's overkill, but what good redneck trailer couldn't use some 3 inch angle iron?

I went ahead and drilled a hole for my gray water drain.  I would hate to lay on my back and try and holesaw through this 1/4" angle.






I think I may take tomorrow off as a clean day and try and get the yard squared away.  My neighbors are starting to leave hints, like weedeater string in my mailbox and signs that read "Mow your yard".  I'm not sure how to take that.

It's hard living in a gated community.


No comments:

Post a Comment